A seeker who follows the Naqshbandi-Mujaddidi Sufi Path, should try best to follow the following daily practices regularly. These practices are additional, the first and foremost are the practices that are necessary in the Sharia, including five times prayer, sawm, zakāt and ḥajj. Without the necessary practices, these additional practices will not yield any benefits.
1. Reciting the Holy Qurān: recommended is one juz (para) daily, or at least half juz.
2. Reciting Kalima Ṭayyiba two hundred times daily with low voice (such that only the people sitting close can hear it). The body or head should not move during the recitation. The seeker should focus on the meaning of the words.
لَآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللهُ
lāā ilāha illallāhu
after completion of 99, the complete kalima should be recited the hundredth time:
لَآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَسَلَّمَ
lāā ilāha illallāhu muḥammadur-rasūlullāhi ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wasallam
3. Reciting ṣalawāt at least two hundred times daily, and more if possible. On Fridays, ṣalawāt should be recited as much as possible.
4. Reciting Istighfār two hundred times daily.
اَستَغفِرُ اللهَ تَعَالىٰ رَبِّي مِن كُلِّ ذَنبٍ وَ اَتُوبُ اِلَيهِ
astaghfirullāha taʿālā min kulli zambin wa atūbu ilayhi
5. Reciting Tasbīh two hundred times daily:
سُبحَانَ اللهِ وَبِحَمدِهٖ سُبحَانَ اللهِ العَظِيمِ وَبِحَمدِه
subḥānallāhi wabiḥamdihī subḥānallahil aẓīmi wabiḥamdih
6. Tahajjud prayer after midnight: 8 to 12 rakʿāt daily
7. Daily duas (supplications) on various occasions according to the Sunnah, including dua after waking up, dua before going to sleep, dua while entering and leaving the toilet, dua while entering and leaving the masjid, basmala before eating or drinking, etc.
8. Murāqabah of Qalbī Zikr (and other latāif if permitted): 15 to 30 minutes daily, preferably after Tahajjud or Fajr prayer. In addition, the lesson of the path that the seeker is currently permitted to practice. See Spiritual Lessons.
9. Reciting the golden chain (silsila) of the masters of this path every day, together with manājāt (supplication), after Tahajjud prayer or in the night before going to sleep. It is one of the core practices and should not be neglected. It can be recited either in Arabic or in one’s native language. Here are the virtues and benefits of reciting the golden chain.
10. Rābita with the shaykh is done as much as possible as this is the closest path to reach the goal. However in some tariqahs, rabita is done in the manner of murāqabah for a fixed amount of time (10 to 15 minutes).