Ḥaḍrat Khwāja Darwīsh Muḥammad qaddas-Allahu sirruhu was the nephew (son of sister) of Khwāja Muḥammad Zāhid Wakhshi quddisa sirruhu, and was his chief deputy and spiritual successor.
He was born on 16th Shawwal 846 AH (17/18 February 1443).
He passed away on Thursday 19th Muḥarram 970H (17 September 1562). His tomb lies in a village close to the Shahrisabz city, in Uzbekistan.
Among his deputies and beloved disciples were the following:
- His son Khwāja Muhammad Amkanagī quddisa sirruhu who became his chief spiritual successor
- Khwāja Mīrak Gunbaz-Sabzī quddisa sirruhu was one of his chief deputies.
- Khwāja Muḥammad Raḍā quddisa sirruhu
- Mawlānā Sher Muḥammad quddisa sirruhu
- Shaikh Ṣalawātī quddisa sirruhu
The next in the Naqshbandī Mujaddidī Tāhirī spiritual golden chain is Khwāja Muhammad Amkanagī.